Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Yesterday was a good day, for many reasons.
First it was an amazing ski day. When got up to the mountain nice and early and headed toward an area that not many people had been to yet. After a few good fun runs we(two friends and myself) met up with 2 more friends, one of which was the friend who tried to set me up a couple weeks ago, I'
ll call him "Joe". A couple runs later the resort opened up a restricted area after doing some avalanche work and we were the first ones up. It ended up just being me and "Joe" that decided to hike up farther and we got some new fresh tracks and we was really good skiing. The other 3 got way ahead of us so we just picked a line through some trees and we were just cruising. "Joe was lower than me and stopped by some trees and pointed out a big wind lip and as I was going he pointed it out to me and without saying anything or stopping a just cruised down and hit and threw a nice backflip and just kept going.
After I stopped and he caught back up to me all he had to say was good things and gave me props.
I was feeling pretty good about myself.
As the runs went on we hiked more and I spotted a good cliff to hit and hit it first and "Joe" hit it after me and thanked me for spotting it.
Later in the day after we had gone home I posted a picture on Instagram and he again commented how I "slayed today".
All I've got to say is that it was amazingly refreshing to be complimented on what you work on, versus critiqued on things you already know you don't do so well, especially when it is coming from the same person.


So all I can say is it was such a relief it was to have a day full of good times with good friends and nothing but positive words going around.

My advice to anyone who sees this is;
focus on the positives in life, it is way to easy to be complacent with the negative because it comes so easily. The more positivity you spread and the more you focus on people's strengths rather than their short comings the better you both will become.

That is all.
Goodnight world.

No comments:

Post a Comment