Thursday, April 14, 2011

Compliments

Compliments are possibly the greatest thing you could either give or receive.
They are completely priceless, and they can change a life.
I know at first glance we judge people and get first impressions but there will always be something about the people we see that can earn them a compliment. It is always good to sit back for an extra moment and watch or talk to people. Even if you don't know them or think you could ever be friends it will make their day just by giving them a simple compliment and I would be willing to bet it will improve your disposition as well.

I don't receive compliments on a regular basis but when I do it really makes me feel better, no matter what kind of day I am having. It makes a bad day not so bad and it makes a good day better.

I guess it could be a bit of karma cause I  sure know I don't compliment as often as I could. Whether or not it could be considered karma it is always important to look out for the greater good. If you see someone alone you don't have to talk to them, but a simple compliment could definitely brighten there day even if it is already bright.

Even anonymous compliments can make a huge difference. Sometimes more so than face to face compliments. I think it is that naturally people don't like frontal recognition so they hold back what they really feel. I am the classic example of this, hence the anonymous blog. I am more likely to give a deeper  more sincere compliment when I know they won't know who it is from. It also makes them think of who actually notices them and they strive to continue being an example to all. 

You can bet on me taking more advantage of the opportunities I get to compliment people. Honestly I hope there is some karma involved for selfish reasons. We all like when people notice us and I'll admit it straight up. If I take more opportunity to verbally notice someone, perhaps more people would do the same for me.

Well I hope this post is a little more interesting that yesterdays.

Again, much peace & more love,
                             Anonymous Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment