Saturday, April 2, 2011

G.C. Priesthood Sesh

Tonight was the Priesthood session of General Conference and it was good as always. Tonight I was waiting for something to pop out and nothing ready did, until President Monson got up at the end to address us. 
I don't know but I guess I just have relationships, dating, marriage, etc. on my mind and you could probably get that from my last few posts.
But tonight President Monson talked about how there are many young women out there ready for the commitment to get married but he sees an unfavorable trend in young men not ready to do these women the favor.
He talked about how he sees these young men with their eyes set on money, cars, toys, and just hanging out. It really is sad that so many guys are getting caught up in the worldly things. I have many friends who are following these trends. They want to go and sell and just play with the money. Very few of them, if any, have long term intentions for the money. Sure having nice cars, cloths, toys, and what not are nice to have but are they necessary to start a family or get married, I sure hope not.
I have cloths, I have a car, and I have a set of hobbies and activities that I enjoy that don't cost a lot of money.
Being a finance major I feel I have a real tight grip on my financial future and don't need to go out and make tons of money in a summer just to spend it all on frivolous things. I'll gladly stay home work a job that helps out a resume and be smart with my money.

Now let me ask you, I want to hear from some girls, is it a necessity to have a guy with nice things, and the debt that most likely comes with it? Or do you want financial responsibility. They get in spending habits that put them in unnecessary financial stress later in their early marriage. One of the leading causes of divorce in the nation is financial infidelity. Couples need to be on the same page financially.  

I just want to let the girls know that there are guys out there who are ready for you, but are you ready for them? Take some time to look around and think about what is really important, and select according to character, not so much appearance. Appearance is definitely important but you have to find a happy medium.

He also talked about the joint responsibility in a marriage, and how men often practice unrighteous dominion over their wives and families. Mens job is to provide for and serve the family. Women are over nurturing and caring for the home. It all seems pretty straight forward to me.
Women, treat men like your king.
More importantly, men, treat women like your queen.  
Girls, don't settle for anyone who would do anything less.

Happy trails,
                      Anonymous Blogger

1 comment: